Libby Smoot, December 31, 2015
As we ring in a new year filled with endless hopes and possibilities, we also want to take time to reflect on our past success. At Trex, 2015 brought a host of honors, as well as the introduction of new products and online tools.
Trex raked in the awards from both professionals and consumers in 2015, underscoring our leadership in the composite decking and railing category. Honored for product quality, beauty, design and environmental qualities, Trex received accolades from virtually every aspect of the building industry.
Trex was recognized with:
• A sweep in Builder magazine's Brand Use Study, outranking all other composite decking manufacturers with four first-place awards
• Three Platinum and three Gold awards in Design Journal's ADEX Awards for design excellence
• Green Builder Media’s Readers' Choice Awards for the "greenest" decking
• First place in the decking category in Hardware + Building Supplier magazine's Golden Hammer Awards
• First place in both the railing and decking category in Remodeling’s 2015 Brand Use Study
• First-place rankings as the most recognized and most preferred brand in the composite decking category by Peninsula Publishing
The year also saw industry recognition for a number of new products to the Trex portfolio.
• Trex® Outdoor Storage™ introduced a collection of waterproof cabinetry that adds both beauty and functionality to any outdoor living space. A wide array of components and options – such as pull-out ice coolers and trash storage - offer comprehensive storage solutions. Just recently, our storage collection was named among the “Top 100 Best New Home Products” by This Old House home improvement publication.
• Expanded shades and colors were added to our already popular Trex® Pergola™ product line.
• Rounding out our Trex railing offering, we added sturdy and stylish aluminum gates and new ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act)-compliant secondary handrails which both offer an extra level of safety, strength and accessibility to any deck.
The addition of new tools and features at trex.com this year has made selecting the perfect Trex product easier and more enjoyable.
• A user-friendly cost calculator tool provides a way to plan and budget your new outdoor living space. The calculator estimates material costs for a deck build based upon your inputs for size, substructure, decking and railing products.
• You may now order 12-inch samples of our high-performance decking collections in every shade offered, easing the deck planning and decision-making process.
• A new Share Your Project page allows Trex deck owners to inspire others by sharing pictures of their own outdoor spaces on trex.com.
As we bring in 2016, we resolve to continue on the path of innovation that has made us the world's No. 1 brand in wood-alternative decking and railing. Cheers!
(Catch all the action from Trex in 2016 – subscribe to our blog.)